Paris Saint-Germain, last season's runners-up, will start with a home game against newly-promoted Amiens on the weekend of 5 August at the Parc des Princes in what will be the visitors' first top-flight match. It will be only the second competitive meeting with the two clubs, who first met in the Coupe de France semi-finals on 6 May, 2008. The Rouge-et-Bleu won thanks to a goal from youngster Yannick Boli at the Stade de la Licorne (0-1).
The Rouge-et-Bleu will end their season with a trip to Caen on 19 May.
The key dates of the 2017-18 season
- First match of the season: against Amiens at the Parc des Princes on the weekend of 5 August, 2017.
- First away match: against Guingamp on the weekend of 12 August, 2017.
- The Classicos: in Marseille on Sunday, 22 October, 2017, at the Orange Vélodrome, and Sunday, 25 February, 2018, at the Parc des Princes.
- Encounters with the champion: against Monaco, 26 November, 2017, at the Stade Louis II, the return at the Parc des Princes on 15 April, 2018.
- Duel with last season's third-placed side: against Nice on the weekend of 28 October, 2017, at the Parc des Princes, at the Allianz Riviera on 17 March, 2018.
- Last match of the first half of the season: at home to Caen on 19 or 20 December, 2017.
- First match after the winter break: at Nantes on weekend of 13 January, 2018.
- Last home game: against Rennes, 12 May.
- Last match of the season: at Caen on 19 May.